27 October 2010

Book Review: Outlife Your Life by Max Lucado.



I promise to have a blog up soon about our going on's, but for now I will post a book review! My friend, Jamie, told me about this way cool website called booksneeze.com and all you have to do is write a review on your blog about a book that you read (there is a list of books on the website that you can choose from, and they'll send it to you) and then once you review the book, you get to keep it! How cool, right?  This makes me happy for many reasons.

1. I love reading.
2. I love getting books. (Seth and I have a lot, a whole lot, of books..but one day in our dream home we want to have a big ol library.  So why not add to the library now?!?!)
3. Free good books are even better!
4. That's why I love that website!


ANYWAY, So I am reviewing the book Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado.

I've read a handful of his books, and some I've enjoyed and some I have not.  This book though, I really enjoyed reading.  It was one of those that really made me think about my life and where I am in my walk with the Lord.  Here is one sentence that I really loved: "May you live in such a way that your death is just the beginning of your life." Whoa, that makes you think.  I enjoyed the stories that he included and how they were relevant to what his whole book was about.  The legacy you leave on this earth is up to you, and Lucado gives excellent biblical wisdom on how the bible tells us to do that. We all know that it's easy to get comfortable in your everyday life, but this book really challenges you to think about the small things that can make a difference. Perhaps my favorite sentence in the whole book was this:

"God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called."

We are not too plain or under qualified or too dumb...God uses us just how we are.

Powerful words right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment