22 October 2010

What if...?

Helllooo everyone!  I completely forgot to share my CVS trip for the week...


I got an Oral B rechargable toothbrush worth $38.99 for $3.25, and the Neutrogena Split End Mender worth $7.50, Schick Hydro razor refills worth $9.99, and 2 Nivea For Men body washes worth $10 all for .75 cents.  Yipee!  So, my total before coupons and sales was around $66 and I got it all for $4.00.  By the way, that toothbrush works REALLY well.  It came with an extra brusher part and so Seth and I both use it.  It also has a timer on it.  Pretty Cool!

Some Christmas presents came in the mail today!  I am really really trying to get it all done ASAP because then I won't have to worry about it at all.  I like to be on top of things.

So, recently Seth and I have been talking about the adjustments we've had to make with life after college and such. Here is something we both agree on:

We miss the college life.  Now, don't get us wrong: We LOVE being married, but the carefreeness (is that a word?) of college is missed.  We miss staying up until 3am with friends, realizing that the only thing you have to worry about are tests, and the football games every weekend.  We sometimes talk about what life would look like for us if we hadn't met.  It's pretty weird to think about.

Seth would more than likely either gone back home for a little bit and worked or gone straight to law school.  

I would be in Texas in graduate school at either Texas A&M or UT. Wild!  

But, we are married and living in a great home on the lake.  :)  I think I like this choice better.  

Oh yes, some exciting news is right around the corner! My sweet cousin, Halley (she was in my wedding)  is about to have her little baby boy!  She had a "trial run" yesterday when she thought her water broke, but instead it was a leak from her placenta (sorry if that's TMI) but everything is fine, baby Kie is doing great, and she is just waiting until her contractions get closer together until she heads back to the hospital.  He isn't technically due until mid-November, but he's already 6lbs 5oz and there is a full moon tomorrow night!  I think he will come tomorrow.  I am so excited and can't wait to see his sweet little face.  She is going to be such a great mommy. Look how PRECIOUS she is as a pregnant woman. Oh yes, and her sweet hubby is presh too. ;)




Tomorrow I am helping my boss (Jill) with her garage sell.  If you know me, you know i LOVE garage sells.  That is one thing I don't mind waking up for on a Saturday morning.  Seth is still feeling sickly, he missed work again today.  He has to work tomorrow morning at 5am though, and I hope he'll feel okay.  After work, we are going to the movie (if he feels up to it) to see the movie about facebook.  I think it's called Social Network. 
I found this on someone else's blog and thought I'd fill it out.  You're supposed to "tag" other bloggers, but I am not going to. If you have a blog and want to do it, feel free.  


 1. Favorite Flower: PEONIES all day long.  But they are apparently really hard to find, so I also love hydrangeas and gardenias (they smell divine)...




2.Favorite Color Combination: Right now I am in love with the color mustard yellow..and some turquoise would be great with that too.


3.Favorite Celebrity Couple: The Situation and Karina Smirnoff (NOT!) If you watch Dancing with the Stars, you'd understand.  I always admire Faith Hill and Tim Mcgraw for keeping their marriage strong and out of the press as much as possible.

4. Your theme song: Hmm..you know, I have no idea.  I will have to think about this one.
5. Favorite "I had a bad day" food:

The blueberry cake donuts from Krispy Kreme.  I could eat 27000 of those suckers.  Also, chocolate croissants from France. ha!  AND  cookie dough.  AND Lindt Truffles..goodness, i sound like a fatty.  But i do have a serious sweet tooth.


6.Lipstick or lipgloss...if you've forgotton how I feel about lipstick, go here.  I love lipgloss and lipstick actually.  My current fave:

Mac Lipglass.  I got this for my wedding, and still haven't run out of it.  It's really great.

7.Favorite Magazine..I have a little secret.  I subscribe to a handful of magazines.  BUT, I get them for REALLY inexpensive.  You see, there is this website that I love..called Frugal Coupon Living (check it out sometime) and they sometimes post deals on the web about magazine sales.  I get Southern Living magazine for 2 years for $10.  I get Weight Watchers magazine at $3.75 for one year. I  get All You (It's a magazine full of coupons) for $10 a year. I get Better Homes and Gardens at $3.75 for one year. CRAZY, I know!  But, my favorite magazine is Southern Living. It makes me feel like a young southern woman full of class when I see it come in the mail. hehe

8.Favorite thing about Fall..cooking with PUMPKIN! Or decorating for fall.  Or making homemade potpourri.  Or turning off the air condition and opening the windows.  I love EVERYTHING about Fall.  


I'm off to watch the Rangers/ Yankees game!  

No comments:

Post a Comment