26 October 2010

Upside Down Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake

Our windows are open, the air conditioner is off and it feels AMAZING in our house! I love it when the weather is this nice..I wish it would stay like this forever.

In continued celebration of Fall and the many wonderful things it brings, here is a yummy yummy recipe.  I printed it off several weeks ago and can't remember where I got it. So, if you want credit for this recipe please don't hesitate to email me and I will gladly give you credit! (mrskaitjones@gmail.com)

Introducing...

Upside down cinnamon apple coffee cake
(sheesh, that's a long name!)

1 can apple pie filling
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tube Pillsbury grand cinnabon cinnamon rolls with regular or cream cheese frosting
2 tbs butter, melted
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar



Mix together apple pie filling and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.  Spread a thin layer of the filling on the bottom of a well greased 9 inch pie pan.  Set the remaining filling aside. Now, separate the cinnamon roll dough into the rolls and cut each roll into quarters.  Place the quartered rolls into large bowl and add the remaining apple pie filling.  In a separate bowl, combine meted butter and brown sugar.  mix well and add to the cinnamon roll/apple filling mixture.  Toss gently to combine.  Spoon the cinnamon roll mixture over the layers of apples in the pie pan. 
Bake at 350 degrees for about 28-32 minutes or until a deep golden brown.  Cool for about 5 minutes and invert onto a serving platter.  Microwave the frosting from cinnamon rolls for about 15 seconds and drizzle over coffee cake.

YUM YUM YUM!



Makes me want some RIGHT NOW.  I have dinner in the oven though! (It's Angel Chicken! If you want the recipe for it, go to my tab labeled "Recipes" at the top of the page.  It's one of our favorites)


1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh that looks delicious!! so glad you found my blog, of course I remember you.. pretty sure we're friends on FB! glad you stopped by! :)

    --caroline
    http://sweeetcarolinebumbumbum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete