07 October 2010

How to wear red lipstick


So..the other day, I saw that CVS had their lipstick on sale.  In case you didn't know, CVS and I have a major romance.  Love, love, love that place.  Ever since I became a "couponer", I have saved so much money there.  I buy all of my toiletries there and so much more. Anything besides groceries, I get from there. (Even though I have bought random groceries from there like oatmeal, cereal and of course Arizona teas)

ANYWAY, so my point is this:  I saw they had lipstick on sale, and so I bought two tubes of it. You see, I've never been a lipstick wearer.  Lipgloss is my thing. BUT, being a Southern woman at heart, i wanted to try it out.  My mom always wear lipstick and growing up, I remember her putting it on before we'd go to Wal-mart, church, or the post office.  I've always associated lipstick with Southern women.  So I went to CVS and bought some lipstick. 

I chickened out and didn't buy red.  But I did buy a pink and a rose color.  Seth thinks it looks goofy, but i am going to try to slowly incorporate it into my makeup routine.  Old fashioned?  Maybe.  But it's okay. 

Now, I have this book called "How to sew a button...and other nifty things your grandmother knew" by Erin Bried.  It has everything you can think of in there, from How to fold a fitted sheet to how to brew your own beer, to how to unclog a toilet.  I came across how to wear red lipstick and thought I would share. 

Maybe one day I will be able to wear red lipstick. Take a look at all these people who pull it off so beautifully:




 Sandra Bullock is my favorite actress EVER.

Without further ado:

HOW TO WEAR RED LIPSTICK

Step 1: Soften your kisser. Gently brush off any rough skin with a dry toothbrush or a damp washcloth.  Don't pick or peel!  You want your lips to be red from your lipstick, not gushing blood.

Step 2: Dry your lips.  Blotting with a tissue will do the trick.

Step 3: Choose a liner the same shade as your lipstick, and line the edge of your mouth.  It'll help prevent your color from bleeding.  If you can't find an exact match, use a lighter shade. Never, ever go darker, lest you look like a televangelist's mistress. (ha!)

Step 4: Starting at the center of your mouth and moving toward the corners of your lips, apply lipstick directly from the tube.  Blot gently and repeat. 

Step 5: Pucker up!

Fret no more, you've just learned how to properly wear red lipstick!  Maybe next time you see me, I'll be dolled up in some red.... ;)


4 comments:

  1. I bought red lipstick last year and tried wearing it. Justin always thought I looked like a clown. I even have a picture of me in the lipstick. I would put it on every few weeks or so when we would go out and he NEVER understood why I did it.

    Also, wearing red lipstick encourages you to whiten your teeth because they look yellow when you wear red!

    I'll send you a picture of my red lipstick.

    its kinda funny.

    speaking of, I wonder where it went!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about buying some RED! Maybe some over the knee boots to compliment the boldness....HUSH...I can do whatever I want!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!! this makes me want to go buy some! just might have to do it. lacretia...i love you. :) HAHA.

    ReplyDelete