11 July 2011

Fireplace Mantle.

I am so excited to have a wood burning fireplace.  Growing up, that is what I loved most about the wintertime.  And now that I'm older and have my own home, I am excited about decorating the mantle!!

I didn't want to spend a lot of money on decor since I am still job hunting in Raleigh (and hubby starts law school next month), so here is what I came up with for the moment. 


 I got these white bottles from Michael's for 70% off the list price. They were around $3 a piece.  The grass was also 70% at .99 a piece!
 This is a vintage photo of a little girl with a cat.  {duh}  I have no idea where I got this..it's just been with me for ever.  The little hydrangea balls are from Michael's for .99.
 Lantern that we used in our wedding is from hobby lobby.  and the cloche, I made myself.  It's a 15 cent candlestick and 1.99 cloche from Goodwill.  The old window was purchased a few months back from an antique store.  It was $8. 
And there you have it!  I like the clean, beachy feel to it. And the best part? I can re-decorate it in an instant when I feel like it.  But for now, this is nice.   :)

For a grand total of around $25, I have a decorated mantle!


Also, I decided not to reveal the whole living room until we get our couch..it just looks empty without the couch, so I am going to wait until it arrives!! 

Happy Tuesday to you!

3 comments:

  1. I love your mantle! We have a fire place in our current place that has no mantle so no decorating it for me...here's hoping we have a mantle and a fireplace soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love all of your ideas. You are so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete