04 July 2011

I'm baaaccckkk!!

Goodness gracious.  I am back!! I've missed you guys- and I have quite a bit of updating to do...

Tomorrow is July 4th and we have lots of plans!  We are going to visit my best friend, Rachel who just got back from a YEAR overseas in Kazakhstan.  I have missed her dearly and CANNOT wait to see her.  She got back in the U.S. on the 2nd.  After that my MIL and I are going to run to a HUGE fabric store in Raleigh...I am so excited-although CVS is my favorite store, fabric stores make me extremely happy and comes close behind CVS.  :) In the evening, we're grilling burgers and eating watermelon at the in-laws.  I love being so close to them...I just wish my parents lived closer!

We are finally settling into our new home.  I love, love, love it.  I cannot wait to post pictures of the progress we have made.

Here are a few things to stay tuned for:

1. Paint colors- I painted our living room (two times because I didn't like the first color! ha!) and our in-laws painted our bedroom while we were packing up the last of our things in Charlotte.  THANKS SO MUCH, GUYS!

2. Some great finds from IKEA. Here is a sneak peek of some things I bought:


3. DIY curtains for my living room and coordinating pillows.  I am SO excited to get them finished.  We ordered a new couch and it's going to be beautiful!

4. And last but not least...  I finally put together a gallery wall!  I am still deciding on the placement of a few items, but i think it's going to turn out gorgeously.  (Is that even a word?)

I also have a fireplace with a mantle to decorate! I've been searching my ALL TIME FAVORITE website, Pinterest, for ideas.  Peeps, if you don't have a pinterest account..get one ASAP.  I spend wayyyyy to much time on there, but have so many great ideas come from it.

You want an account?  Email me, and I'll be more than happy to invite you!

I'll leave you with some precious pictures of the children:

 Our sweet kitten, Claire. 
 King Huey...and this is how he really sleeps.
 Penny..and I will save the story of her "clothes" for another post.  It's quite interesting. 

Hope you guys have a great 4th of July!

2 comments:

  1. Kaitlin: Is that black framed mirror new or a goodwill find. The reason I'm asking is I had that very same mirror in my house in California and next May it will be 40 years since we moved here. I loved mine and I love yours. What are you going to do with the milk cans? I have never seen one like the skinny one. Who would have ever thought to do that with and old sweater. Does your mind ever slow down??

    ReplyDelete