15 July 2011

Jewelry is organized.

Who hates digging through a wad of  tangled up jewelry when trying to walk out the door for an important meeting?  

I do!!!!

So this evening I decided to put an end to the tangles and missing earrings...

Here's a little story for you:

About a year ago I bought the cutest little jewelry holder...see below:

Except it is a metallic bronze color.  Cute, right?  Indeed, it is.  Until you load up your lifetime stash of jewelry and you can barely see the branches...

Notice...most of my jewelry isn't even hanging on the tree..it's in the shoebox all tangled up with earring, bracelets, etc. 

I said to myself: there has got to be a better way to tame this jungle of jewelry.

Enter my sister-in-law's roomie. 
We spent last weekend with them and she had one of these puppies hanging in her room:

This is not hers, but it looked very similar.  This one is from google.

And I decided to make my own!  I wanted to be able to hang my necklaces from it as well, so here is my version of a DIY jewelry holder.

 I found an old frame in the closet, a can of Watermelon Krylon spraypaint and this old screen from a window in our shed out back.  Oh yes, and I bought some small hooks from Home Depot.  They were 99 cent for a package of four. 
 Then I just screwed the hooks into one side of the frame.  This is where my necklaces will go!  After that, I sprayed it pink, cut out some screen that would fit to the back of the frame and hot glued it to the back.
 Voila!  Here she is in all her beauty.  I love it because now I don't have to search for one earring in my endless pit of jewelry and I can see all my necklaces too!


The total project costs me $2 because I had everything on hand except the hooks.  (Which by the way, I found some in my toolbox later that I could have totally used!)

Moral of the story:  If you have an endless pit of jewelry (MOM!!!), you should make one of these!  It's so easy. 

I also have a fab lamp makeover to share and an outdoor project I am working on!  Let's just say I have found my ALL-TIME favorite color of spray paint.  And I may have gone a little crazy with it.  :)

Until next time... 

3 comments:

  1. I love it...I may give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the jewelry tree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see that how organized you are with your work. Your jewelry is so in place and they look super nice. Great work girl.

    ReplyDelete