27 July 2011

The good and the bad...

So..I have some great things to share first.

1) I finished setting up my craft room!  I can't wait to let you guys see it tomorrow.  First thing on my to-do list tomorrow is take some photos and slap 'em up on here.

2) I have been going crazy around here painting/spray painting.  Most of it ended up in my craft room, but I do have a new piece outside and in the dining room that I will share soon . ALSO, I am thinking about posting some photos of our home here pretty soon.  I think I have most everything like I want it.  Except, our couch is still not here...so the living room will have to wait.

3)  I am seriously ADDICTED to Pinterest.  Here are a few favorites that I've pinned:


Source: houzz.com via Kaitlin on Pinterest


Can we say STUNNING?!




I love the bright colors of this workspace.  It has been inspiring me to make mine bright as well!




I want to make one of these soon, but I just don't have a place for it!


Source: None via Kaitlin on Pinterest


Awwww.. so funny and cute!

If you'd like to follow me, go here!

Now...for the not-so-great news:

I've been getting really discouraged lately about my employment status.  You see, we moved here around 3.5 weeks ago and I have applied to around 8-10 jobs.  I haven't heard back from any of them yet and it's starting to worry me.  Every evening before going to sleep, hubby and I pray for me and that something would open up for me.  It's so hard to be positive when you're not hearing anything from anyone.

I want to go into a career that I really LOVE and not just worked somewhere that pays the bills.  I want to have a passion for what I do.  My previous job did NOT push me to use my talents or gifts and it was always so mundane.  I want something that I will love going to, something that will make a difference to many people.  I applied to be a social worker because that is something that I would LOVE to do, but i've yet to hear back from them.  I've applied to several other human services positions...but no response.

I know that the Lord will provide, but sometimes it's just hard to rely FULLY on Him. I sometimes feel like I can take care of it on my own, but obviously I cannot.  I need to put my trust and hope in Him and remember that He is going to provide for me.

Okay, no more worrying/ranting.  We will be fine!!!

In other news...we are heading to the beach in about two weeks! CANNOT WAIT.  I have seriously been waiting all summer for this trip.

Stay tuned for my craft room reveal!  {Well, just so you don't get your hopes up too much and except a whole room of  "crafty goodness", I am sharing my craft room with hubby..and his side is for studying during law school.  So...I should call it my "craft area", instead of room..}

:)

Here's a tiny sneak peek:


1 comment:

  1. oooh I am so excited for the reveal!!

    I'm not following you on Pinterest -- I can't get enough of that silly site =)

    ReplyDelete