31 August 2013

Dear Winslow

Dear baby boy,

It's been two weeks since you decided to make your appearance.  Man, I can't believe how fast these weeks have gone by.  It seems like when you were in my belly, the days would drag by because I wanted you here so badly, but now that you ARE here, the days go by too quickly.  I already wish I could slow down time.

A lot has happened these past two weeks!  Let's talk about your favorite things so far and your not-so-favorite things! 

You love to be held (as most babies do) but I also make sure to sit you in the boppy pillow or in your swing during the day so you can look around.  You are fascinated with the ceiling fan.  You will stare at it for a long while.  You also make the most adorable sounds when you sleep and when you nurse.  It makes my heart want to explode.  You are nursing great and have come such a long way in just two weeks.  Sometimes it takes you a while to latch, but I am trying my absolute best to be patient with you and with me!  It's a lot to learn for your little bitty self, W.  I love nursing though.  Sometimes I'll just look down at you and say a little prayer of thankfulness.

The other day you were lying in your crib asleep, and I knelt beside you and just cried.  I cried tears of happiness, of joy.  I am so blessed that the Lord gave you to me.  I was so happy and couldn't contain my tears.  I just said "thank you" over and over to the Lord. I am so lucky to be your mom, Winslow.  I don't even remember what life was like before you.  (Okay, I do..but it's sure more sweet with you in it)

You sleep anywhere from 2.5-4 hours at night.  Last night was the first night you slept about 4.25 hours and man was it glorious. I even had to wake you up to nurse because I didn't want your little tummy to be empty!  During the day, you get a few minutes of tummy time on your playmat and you don't mind it at all.  You even lifted your head A LOT today.  It was awesome!

You also can follow my voice when I talk to you.  You are already learning and taking in so much- it's crazy how fast and smart you are becoming.  I already think you'll be the Valedictorian of your class, of course. ;)

Grandma (she is still deciding on her name) is in love with you and it's been WONDERFUL to have here here helping me.  I would probably go insane if she wasn't here.  I am soooo sad we only have two more days with her, but we will make it.  Hopefully we'll come visit soon because she wants to see you as much as possible!  She has the magic tough to make you stop crying or to make you fall asleep.  I hope she'll give it to me.  She's been so full of advice for me, and I know that I would not have made it as good as I have without her here.  She's taught me a lot and boy does she LOVE you to death.

Your daddy is also smitten with you.  He is such a wonderful father and I cannot wait to see y'all together in a few months.  He loves you so much and is doing everything he can to make sure you have all you need.  He also helps me at night (like last night around 4am, he got up just to kill a bug that kept flying near you). 

I am so lucky to be your mom, W.  You are so wonderful and we all love you so.

Well buddy,  it's dinner time for you!  I love you so much.

Love,

Your Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment